Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zorori Series 2 Help

+5
makochan
FoxKit
Axelfar
Akinokaze
Acru-Fox
9 posters
Go down

Would you be willing to donate money for Zorori season 2 DVDs?

5 - 24%
2 - 10%
0 - 0%
14 - 66%

Total Votes: 21

Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Zorori Series 2 Help Empty Zorori Series 2 Help

2009-02-21, 03:09
With only 22 episodes at an average of 4-5 per month, it will not be long until we run out of DVD's at the end of series 1. Thus we've begun looking to acquire series 2 DVDs. We decided against using the available TV rips as they are too low a quality/resolution for our subs.

We need someone to assist us with obtaining the series 2 DVDs soon or we'll have to go on hiatus with series 2 until we can ontain them. Some have suggested we could start a donation drive and raise the money to purchase the DVDs ourselves, but would anyone be willing to donate? Any help would be appreciated!

Poll included. The money value is just to let us know how much you'd be willing to donate.

Last edited by axelfar on 2009-02-25, 00:47; edited 2 times in total
Akinokaze
Akinokaze
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Zorori Series 2 Help Empty Re: Zorori Series 2 Help

2009-02-21, 17:21
Surely someone in our community [or the alopex one] must have copies of the dvd's they'd be willing to share [either for free, covered expenses or at lower than ebay prices.]

I really hope you're successful but till I get a job I can't afford to help, sorry.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 392
http://axelfar.deviantart.com

2009-02-21, 19:20
Unfortunately I don't even think Alopex has them.
Akinokaze
Akinokaze
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 44

2009-02-21, 19:24
The group itself might not, but perhaps someone on their forums may.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-02-21, 19:41
-_-
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

2009-02-21, 23:43
Well it would help to know if people would be willing to donate to help us raise the money to buy them.
FoxKit
FoxKit
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-22
http://mfox87.deviantart.com/

2009-02-22, 01:21
I don't work two jobs for nothing! n.n;;
Well, really- you guys know I'll do whatever I can to help out.
makochan
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Zorori Series 2 Help Empty Zorori season 2 DVDs

2009-02-24, 22:22
Hi, I'm Makochan, raw provider for Zorori season 1. Sorry I haven't posted much, but work has been very busy of late.

While I am more than willing to help out with Season 2 raws, there will be some difficulties. Unlike season 1, there is no DVD boxset available for Zorori season 2 (that I've been able to find, anyway). That means the DVDs have to be purchased individually. The DVD prices seem to range from $20-$30 apiece, and they contain 3 episodes each. The first part of season 2 consists of 18 volumes. As you can imagine, the cost of an entire season is pretty expensive. Realistically, we're probably going to have to buy a few discs at a time, making sure we buy enough discs at each purchase to keep up with the release schedule.

This does make it easier for others to contribute to Zorori season 2 - people can "adopt" a DVD by donating $25 or so. Also smaller donations will still allow us to get new episodes.

I can start things off by getting the first 3 DVDs, and I can certainly help purchase DVDs as we go along, but realistically I can't get all of them at once, and help with raw provision would be appreciated.

Mako
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-02-25, 06:42
I've started up the Donations thing on the website and whatnot and gotten the ball rolling on that aspect. Have about 1 1/2 DVD's adopted now ^_^

Wish they did a boxset of Series 2, it's kind of ridiculous to have 97 episodes at only 2-3 episodes a disc, dunno why they haven't. Probably caught off guard or something :S
makochan
Pun User
Pun User

Zorori Series 2 Help Empty Re: Zorori Season 2 Help

2009-02-25, 20:21
Hi,

Just made my first donation for now. Very Happy Thanks for setting up the donations page, Acru.

The cheapest prices I've seen so far on the first few Season 2 discs are at CDJapan, at $19.44 for discs 1 and 2 and $28.44 for discs 3 and up. Here's a link to their search page for the Zorori DVDs (you'll have to look carefully, because the search results include season 1, season 2, and the third season (not sure if it's really season 3 or part 2 of season 2):

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?current=20&result=35596968&restrict=ALL&word_1=GC_zorori&sort=rel_d

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Mako
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-02-26, 07:35
Thanks! In a way I'm happy we started raising funds for this now, that's a lot of Zorori DVD's :S

I was able to sort out which was which from the site, I added the information to the DVD donation page.

How was your experience with cdjapan? I've never done this before so I must rely on your experiences in this area, I never had my own fansub before so obtaining these DVD's are something I will have to delve into down the road as I don't see Z-P for quite a long long, loooooong time Smile

In a way I'm kicking myself for being late to the game when it came to Zorori, now the only way these days to find the DVD's is to import them, heheh Sad
Roarey Raccoon
Roarey Raccoon
Pun User
Pun User
Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-16

2009-02-26, 13:53
Haha sh*t, that money came in fast XP.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-02-26, 16:47
Still have a ways to go, I'm hoping others will help chip in so I only have to place a couple orders.

-Acru
makochan
Pun User
Pun User

Zorori Series 2 Help Empty Re: Zorori Season 2 Help

2009-02-26, 22:26
acru-fox wrote:
How was your experience with cdjapan? I've never done this before so I must rely on your experiences in this area, I never had my own fansub before so obtaining these DVD's are something I will have to delve into down the road as I don't see Z-P for quite a long long, loooooong time Smile

I used CDJapan to import the Zorori Series 1 DVD set. I had no problems at all with the order and they accept Paypal as a payment option, which is very convenient considering you're using a Paypal account to collect the donations. One other thing that you'll probably like about them (considering how many DVDs we have to purchase to complete the series) is that each purchase lets you earn points for discounts on future purchases. This will hopefully help reduce the total cost of the DVDs with each purchase we make.

Unlike you, I live in the United States, so delivery times/costs/options may be different where you are. I've made purchases from them using standard International Air Mail and that took a little over a week to get here (they claim anywhere from 4-12 days for delivery). I also used EMS international express shipping for the Zorori box set, which ships in 3-6 days but costs significantly more and requires a signature on delivery. We probably want to try to plan well enough so that we can get by on Air Mail shipping.

Mako
dominiquepucca
dominiquepucca
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius
Female Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-03-21
http://www.puccaclub.com

Zorori Series 2 Help Empty Zorori Season 1-2 DVD

2009-03-24, 20:58
That DVD I Wait It!
Come Me In Chile An All Zorori Season 1 And 2 DVD Pack
Razz
=3

Last edited by dominiquepucca on 2009-03-24, 21:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : XD)

2009-03-29, 02:10
I'd like to donate but:

1) I don't trust the internet when it comes to payments.

2) The dollar is quite expensive here.

I'm sorry I can't help. *shrugs sadly*
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-29, 04:18
And so making a post like this does what exactly? Rolling Eyes

2009-03-29, 10:02
I guess I should keep those things to myself then. Sorry.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-29, 18:56
Well I have to be blunt, it's not very helpful to anyone. I have to raise the funds, and am doing so through paypal, and will be donating $40 here soon back to myself.

You can distrust the internet and all it's ways, but it's where zorori is released/watched if one wants to see it subtitled. Razz It makes it more frustrating to reach those goals if everyone just sat back and said things like that :<

2009-03-29, 19:05
Okay okay, I get it. I'll shut up.
Zorori_Fangirl
Zorori_Fangirl
Pun User
Pun User
Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-13

2009-04-05, 00:49
I hang out on Aloplex most of the time. And one of my buddys Malroth i know had a few episodes from late episodes (wheither they were from series 2 or not im not sure) sadly...he has just gone on hiatus and wont be on until god knows when. He only shared some of his Zorori stuff with me, but im sure he more rare things as well. 8C
NBS Dark
NBS Dark
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-04-07

2009-04-11, 18:12
It would suck if you had to put on hold.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum