Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Harushi
Harushi
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-29
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZPHarushi

Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Empty Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

2009-11-30, 09:01
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin (銀牙〜流れ星銀〜?, literally - "Silver Fang: Shooting Star Gin"[1]) is an adventure manga by Yoshihiro Takahashi. It was published by Shueisha in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1983 to 1987, and collected in 18 bound volumes. It received the 1987 Shogakukan Manga Award for best shōnen series.[2]

The series tells the story of an Akita Inu pup called Gin (Japanese for "silver") who leaves his master, a young boy named Daisuke, to join a pack of wild dogs. The pack is gathering strong dogs from all over Japan to fight a deranged bear named Akakabuto and his minions. The story begins from the point of view of the humans, but swings to the dogs with episode seven of the anime. It is in that episode that the audience hears the dogs communicating with each other through speech, though it continues to be barks and whines to human ears. Takahashi was reportedly inspired by a news article about hunting dogs that had been abandoned by their masters and had begun living as wild animals.

Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin was adapted as a 21-episode anime television series by Toei Animation. In western countries the anime was released as a set of four VHS tapes, and censored for violent images. This led to the removal of several plot-critical scenes, including all footage from the episodes preceding the series finale as well as the deaths of certain characters. Due to limitations of sound-editing at the time this resulted in the background music of certain scenes to be lost.

Atypically, the anime has become extremely popular in the Nordic countries[3][4](particularly Finland, Denmark and Sweden). The anime has been dubbed in Korean, Finnish, Hungarian, Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish. The Finnish dub, Hopeanuoli, was created by Golden Voice OY and became wildly popular. In 2003 the uncensored and non-dubbed version of the cartoon was released in Finland and Sweden as a 5 DVD box set. A corresponding DVD set was released in Denmark and Norway on October 3, 2006.

Gin (銀?) A tiger-striped (tora-ge) Akita Inu pup. He is the pup that ultimately leads the final battle against Akakabuto. Gin is courageous and loyal, if a little headstrong. He is quick to anger when lives are taken needlessly, which initially sets him at odds with John. After Riki is killed by Akakabuto in the final battle, Gin let loose the Battouga, the attack of a wolf, slicing Akakabuto's head clean off. As his father died the way all leaders expected, Gin stood on the top of Gajou and howled for the respect of the dead. The end of Gin's story ends there.
Voiced by Eiko Yamada.

Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Gngmanga1julkjapani01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginga Densetsu Weed

Ginga Legend Weed (銀牙伝説ウィード, Ginga Densetsu Wīdo, lit. Silver Fang Legend Weed) is an adventure manga series by Yoshihiro Takahashi. It has been published by Nihon Bungeisha in the magazine Manga Goraku since 1999, and collected in 60 bound volumes. It is a sequel to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin, following the adventures of Weed, the son of Gin. Three first volumes were published in English by ComicsOne.

It has been adapted as an anime television series produced by Studio Deen, which was broadcast on Animax starting in November 2005. Future Film in Finland has translated the anime for Scandinavia, and released DVDs in November 2006. A complete box set was published in November 2007 (Finland and Sweden), August 2008 (Japan) and October 2008 (Denmark)

There is a sequel to Ginga Densetsu Weed, called Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion which follows the story of Weed and Koyuki's pups.

Ginga Densetsu Weed (Silver Fang Legend Weed) is the sequel to a Japanese series, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, and focuses on a young pup named Weed, who is known to be the son of the great bear-hound Gin. He starts out as a lonely pup desperate to find his mother food while she suffers from induced starvation. He meets with an English Setter named GB and pleads for a dead bird that GB caught because his mother is terribly sick. Overcome with emotion, GB gives him the bird. Later, Weed loses his mother and a dog named Smith promises to take Weed to Ohu and let him meet his father. After he arrives in Ohu, Weed saves Ohu from a terrible human experiment, Kaibustsu, and becomes the new leader until his father returns. A message is passed trough that Weed's father is being held captive in the Southern Alps where the bloodthirsty Hougen has his territory. Weed must save his father and throw down this cruel leader.

Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin 300pxgdwmanga1julkjapan
dominiquepucca
dominiquepucca
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius
Female Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-03-21
http://www.puccaclub.com

Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Empty Re:Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

2009-11-30, 09:12
Interesing...
Smile
Harushi
Harushi
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-29
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZPHarushi

Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Empty Re: Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

2009-11-30, 09:16
Hehe im kinda surprised no one has put this up Very Happy its a really good anime but its like for 13+ lols.. Sooooooo little kids Watch with your parents?
Tbohn
Tbohn
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Empty Re: Ginga Densetsu Weed & Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

2010-01-14, 23:03
Well that sounds really good actually... consider me intrigued. You did a nice job of explaining it all!
FoxKit
FoxKit
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-22
http://mfox87.deviantart.com/

2010-02-21, 03:50
Didn't they parody this show in an episode of Excell Saga? X3
TobiasAmaranth
Comedian
Comedian
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2011-06-23

2011-06-23, 16:57
Definitely an awesome anime series. But GDW is definitely a very adult series. I've only seen about half of Gin because I couldn't find a subbed version of it. The two are very different from each other. Also, both series start out rather awkwardly but end up getting really good.
CyberFox
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-12

2011-07-25, 11:14
Please sub the complete series of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed
maybe even for http://www.neotoonami.com
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

2011-07-25, 22:46
CyberFox wrote:Please sub the complete series of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed
maybe even for http://www.neotoonami.com

Need translators to do additional series, no new translators means no new series.
TobiasAmaranth
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-01, 08:44
Ginga Densetsu Weed has a completed fansub of decent quality.

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin has a partially completed fansub of decent quality, and I think if you hunt around enough there exists a lower quality sub-job from further back.

I can see about uploading my copies at a later date, if you have trouble finding the episodes. I'd personally like to see this group take on a more obscure series. Gene Diver or Juu Senshi Garukiba. In the case of the first series, it's unique, furry, and does not have a completed fansub. One group has done 7 episodes, but their last activity was a year ago. On the second, it's also furry, but it does technically have a sub. However, the subs are Hong Kong in origin, so they're quite terrible. This one would be the easier to translate series though, as Gene Diver is -very- technical. I expect you'd need a pretty good translator to accomplish a Gene Diver fansub.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

2011-08-01, 08:56
And as we all know translators are impossible to find. *lol* In the years this fansub has been around nobody has really stayed after offering up to translate. When they realize how much time it takes out of their schedule they usually run away screaming.

I have seen what a fully fluent person in Japanese/English can do though, although rare to find. I saw them watch an episode of Zorori and type out the script in English and had a very workable script that needed few corrections in under a half hour :S

We do finally have someone to translate Okojo though which is nice. Originally I did not want to take on that series but someone I knew stepped forward and made all these promises of doing it as an assignment/project for their class. One onboard, they quickly dropped off to 1 episode every 2-3 months and added an additional burden to the translator we do have.

I really wish someone could help me finish off Zenryoku (47-52) So we can finally take that off our project list. It's ridiculous to not complete that series and it's only 10 mins long per episode.

Ahwell, mebby someday someone I'll have more than one translator so we can do other projects.

-Acru
TobiasAmaranth
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-02, 20:16
I hear that. I think that also people are getting lazier. With the onset of stuff like HorribleSubs that are just rips of the new, popular, and not all that bad 'official'subs, there's not a huge need for people to actually bother putting themselves out as translators. I personally end up watching mostly HS subs because I don't know what groups out there still do decent work. Ayako, Doki, Yibis, Commie, Underwater. Not many out there. GG turned into trolls so I avoid them when possible. Taka started strong but got rather slow.

I'm glad you picked up Okojo. It's one of the series I'd seen from my friend Dahan. Tetsunoshin was shown to me by him as well, though at the time it had no subs and it was a group event at a fake furry con (big furmeet). I saw part of Zenryoku but personally did not like it. Didn't have enough adult charm from the pair of episodes I watched. It -is- a rather short series, though, and simple at that. So I'm surprised you can't find someone to sub those last 6 ("3") episodes.

I say get someone to stalk around on IRC, look for someone to do a 'group' project or something. Try the groups who have worked on Spice and Wolf. Check and see if any of KaNiNoNa is still around. Umm... Dunno. There's translators out there, you just gotta dangle something interesting in front of them. I think it's harder to find Karaoke typesetters. Those people seem impossible to motivate and they're more transparent. XD

How many episodes in Okojo?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum