Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English!

+9
Combaticus666
dominiquepucca
Kaito
FoxKit
Nick_141292
Axelfar
Akinokaze
Harushi
Acru-Fox
13 posters
Go down
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! Empty Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English!

2010-01-04, 07:34

That's right, there is now an Official English dub of Zorori. It was shown on Cartoon Network Philippines just awhile ago and may be shown in India too as the Anime News Network article lists both countries. No word yet if it will make it to any other English speaking nations.

Spoiler:

Credit goes to Alopex for the find.
Harushi
Harushi
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-29
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZPHarushi

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! Empty Re: Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English!

2010-01-04, 12:26
Lols sounds soooo wierd that i might watch it cause i have cartoon network Razz
Akinokaze
Akinokaze
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! Empty Re: Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English!

2010-01-04, 13:39
Those voices.... all of them... no, just no.

Thankyou again for subbing the series ^_^
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 392
http://axelfar.deviantart.com

2010-01-04, 16:23
Yeah I had a listen the other day and just thought to myself, I've heard these voices in a bazillion other animes, these voices just come off as annoyingly high pitched. Pfft Broshishi, yeah because Ishishi is just so hard to pronounce Razz

I can't wait to see what they renamed poor Gaons voice to, Broan? Razz

I hope we can keep subtitling the show and it stays in CN-P Smile
Nick_141292
Nick_141292
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-04

2010-01-04, 17:47
acru-fox wrote:Yeah I had a listen the other day and just thought to myself, I've heard these voices in a bazillion other animes, these voices just come off as annoyingly high pitched. Pfft Broshishi, yeah because Ishishi is just so hard to pronounce Razz

I can't wait to see what they renamed poor Gaons voice to, Broan? Razz

I hope we can keep subtitling the show and it stays in CN-P Smile

They didn't rename him, he said "I'm the oldest bro Ishishi!"

I'd doubt they'd censor stuff in the Philippines. Too bad CN in Philippines is different from where I live, Malaysia D:

Still, keep up the good work with the subs!
FoxKit
FoxKit
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-22
http://mfox87.deviantart.com/

2010-01-05, 04:46
Aah, it sounds like a 4Kids dub. ;~;
I truly hope this doesn't hinder the project, and this dub stays just in the Philippines.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2010-01-05, 05:29
Well, one can only hope. It's going to be at least another couple of years before we complete the series unless more translators step forward -_-

Still don't think this is the kind of show to end up in North America, in Canada all you get is teletoon Canadian based garbage for the most part, and I doubt it would be CN USA's up of tea either. I've seen episode 2 dub all the way through...nothing beats that wonderful Japanese Zorori voice Smile
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2010-01-05, 06:27

Just tinkering around with the idea right now, heheh Now don't complain about the audio, this is a work in progress *lol*

-Acru
Nick_141292
Nick_141292
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-04

2010-01-05, 07:10
acru-fox wrote:

Just tinkering around with the idea right now, heheh Now don't complain about the audio, this is a work in progress *lol*

-Acru

Mein gott, that sounds awful. Almost as if... OH GOD.

ANIMAX DUBBED IT.

I KNEW I've heard those voices before, they're the guys who did most of the English dubs on Animax Asia.

Goodness.

Well, at least now people won't worry about mistranslations (Or censors, for that matter), as they do a pretty good job at that, but it's the voice actors.

As close to the original Jappy audio as it is, they still suck. Just watch their Keroro dub, Keroro sounded pretty good, but they totally screwed up on Natsumi and Fuyuki.

One question though, was the opening/ending songs replaced? If it is, then it's probably not Animax, and I'll take back what I said.
Harushi
Harushi
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-11-29
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZPHarushi

2010-01-05, 14:07
Wow kinda annoying voices but at least they kept the SFX Smile and i hope they dont censor alot of things
Kaito
Kaito
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius
Male Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-03-29
https://www.youtube.com/user/juliohv90

2010-01-05, 17:31
I prefer the subs. Go Zorori Project!!! Go!!!Very Happy

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! Ouendan18an
FoxKit
FoxKit
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-22
http://mfox87.deviantart.com/

2010-01-06, 03:20
Kaito wrote:I prefer the subs. Go Zorori Project!!! Go!!!Very Happy

Agents... Are... GO!
dominiquepucca
dominiquepucca
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius
Female Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-03-21
http://www.puccaclub.com

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! Empty Re:Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English!

2010-01-06, 05:59
I Love The English Version!
I Can't Wait For Spanish Latin In Cartoon Network.
Wink
Combaticus666
Combaticus666
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-04-24

2010-05-02, 22:26
Kaito wrote:I prefer the subs. Go Zorori Project!!! Go!!!Very Happy

it's because you're used to the japanese voices, aren't you... i am too. so i agree. the subs is better.

2010-11-29, 17:08
Acru-Fox wrote:

That's right, there is now an Official English dub of Zorori. It was shown on Cartoon Network Philippines just awhile ago and may be shown in India too as the Anime News Network article lists both countries. No word yet if it will make it to any other English speaking nations.

Spoiler:

Credit goes to Alopex for the find.

I DEMAND A REDO WITH BETTER VOICE ACTORS! SO SAY I!
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-08-12

2011-08-19, 19:48
i still prefer the english dub. i'm not against the subbing project i just think subtitles suck in general. just the nature of having to read a television show just seems way inferior to watching it in your own language. regardless of the voice choices. i've been going with subtitles for too long i'll seriously watch the whole series all over again in my own language it's just the whole case of there only being handful of english dub vids anywhere on the internet
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-08-19, 20:33
And this explains why there is that lack of availability of said English dubbed episodes. With encouraging posts like that I won't ever feel compelled to post the rest of them.

DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 20:56
your subbing is not pointless. in fact the only reason i watched it was the fact that there were subtitles to render the show comprehendable without having to find some guy in the philippines that had tivo or something that could tape it for me. i dont know japanese and i dont really want to go through the trouble of learning it. i love this show but my god without subtitles or some type of understanding it is confusing as all hell. i watched all the subbed episodes thus far and i appreciate this.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-08-19, 21:03
I got to see a lot the english dubs before it got subbed, by hardly any means of the word did they put any effort into it. As easy as it might be to understand it, they did a horrible amount of just making up a script as they went along and loosely followed the scripts in parts. Some episodes they say Zorori Teacher, others Zorori Sensei. Even more annoying was saying he was the "Extra Ordinary Zorori" and other episodes "Extraordinary Zorori"

When I loaded the English tracks into the video there were 45-50 second chunks simply omitted from the storyline to make the episodes fit. That is another reason I haven't bothered posting more episodes, too much is taken out in the dub to make it worth while to anyone.
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 21:11
and that is just plain bs on their part. im gonna continue watching these, unedited and subbed. and if theres a zorori god here on earth there will eventually be an english dvd set with both subbed and more decently dubbed version which is uncut. ill get it if it ever spawns into existance. if they can get the whole thing in spanish and french without screwing up im sure they can do the same for a proper english dub box set. im only gonna hold my breath here for that... hopefully i dont black out.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-08-19, 21:15
On the bright side we will complete the series before that happens and once everyone sees how the series ended maybe some people will contact Hara to continue the series or bring it to some sort of real conclusion.

Maybe someday someone will come across it on youtube that is on a cartoon channel in an English channel and use most of the work we did to do a proper translation of Zorori.

In any event though, almost 150 episodes is a lot to expect from any Cartoon channel from over here picking it up is next to nil :/
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 21:29
its not to say it cant be done right. i felt that the funimation dubbing of dragonball, dragonball z and dragonball gt were masterpieces of dubbing. i love sean schemmel as goku and christopher sabat as... well alotta guys really. but they did it and kept the actors consistent with all three sagas. im not really fond of the kai redubbing because it seems totally pointless. compare your ideal dubbing with the half-baked dub they did for zorori. it was cut in kai and the voice actors didnt fit as well. some returned like sean schemmel and christopher sabat and sonny strait as krillin, but all the rest seemed really hokey and chopped up to reduce time. we need the equivalent of the funimation db series dub for the series, consistent between series and more importantly uncut.
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-07-15

2011-08-19, 21:50
Somebody said that the English dubbed version of Zorori was done by Animax. Somebody on this forum said so, because he may have heard those voices before. I may have also heard Noshishi's voice somewhere, too. He was probably voiced by Lorraine Pilkington, who voiced Tommy from Robotboy, but I'm not sure. Does anybody know the names of the voice actors who did the English dub of Zorori? After the show's first 52 episodes, they probably changed voice actors, and Zorori's voice was higher, and Ishishi and Noshishi were voiced by male actors.
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 21:56
oh no, they pulled "the other darrin" in which actor are confusingly replaced midseries... i hate animax for what theyre doing
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 22:04
DestroX71689 wrote:oh no, they pulled "the other darrin" in which actor are confusingly replaced midseries... i hate animax for what theyre doing

What? Do any of those voices sound familiar to you?
Here's from one of the first 52 episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBwTa1JDLoY
And this one is part of the 2006 movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxXgO_rK33A

Compare the English voices in these two videos.
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 22:14
omg... one of the boars sounds like brobee from yo gabba gabba
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 22:20
zorori sounds different too. i actually like the guy on the episode 4 and episode 8 english dubs better. he sounds just right for me because he seems to have just the right hammyness to his voice. zorori is in incredible hammy character so i think that if anybody did their job right and shouldn't be replaced its him. just wish i could find his name though. as for ishishi and noshishi i think the ones from the 4 and 8 videos were at least decent voice matches its just a shame theyre scripted dialogue was aweful, as proven in the suppoko failage video
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 22:23
whats worse is even farther through the video sent to me i realize that they didnt even have the keroro gunso english actors reprise their roles. (that woulda been an obvious fix for me cause i think they did a great job with the sgt frog dub)
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 22:38

THESE GUYS are PROS!
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 22:55
if it were my show to sell to an american audience i would have the guys at sunrise (sgt frog) or funimation (dragonball, dragonball z, dragonbll gt) to do a whole redub, they woulda got the movies (even the 1993 one) and both series all id wish from them was to put the same love and effort into these animes with the humor and american improvisation as clever and funny as keroro or even shin chan (another funimation dub targeted to an older audience but it was clever and made use of american culture in improvising the script which i found to be a smart move) and as consistent between series using the same well thought out actors throughout the whole series.
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-19, 23:27
Check out these links:
http://voice123.com/candicemoore
http://voice123.com/michaelpizzuto

Candice Moore voiced one of the boar twins.
And I don't know what Zorori episodes Michael Pizzuto played voices in.

Animax also did an English dub for Sgt. Frog.
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-20, 13:28
im not listening to whatever animax did to sgt frog. ill stick to sunrise thank you. i still hope they bring in the original english zorori voice if they ever do it its like his voice has grown on me for him
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-21, 01:14
I think I got the English voice actors figured out! The voice actors who do English dubs for Animax also do dubbing voices for other channels in the Asian countries, including Cartoon Network Philippines, and Kaku

Here's the list of voice actors:

Russell Wait: Zorori (speaking voice), じいちゃファイター (Jicha Faita), Wedding Announcer
Candice Moore: Ishishi, Elzie, Gorgon, Collette's Mother
Muriel Hofmann: Noshishi, Arthur, Luca the Witch
Michael Pizzuto: Oogappa, Sekinoyama the Sumo Wrestler
Jack Murphy: Zorori (singing voice), Demon School Teacher, Dracula, Mummy, Werewolf, Unibouzu, Collette's Father

Last edited by cheril59 on 2011-12-10, 22:46; edited 5 times in total
PencilTips
PencilTips
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-08-07
http://penciltips.deviantart.com/

2011-08-21, 03:45
DestroX71689 wrote:zorori sounds different too. i actually like the guy on the episode 4 and episode 8 english dubs better. he sounds just right for me because he seems to have just the right hammyness to his voice. zorori is in incredible hammy character so i think that if anybody did their job right and shouldn't be replaced its him. just wish i could find his name though. as for ishishi and noshishi i think the ones from the 4 and 8 videos were at least decent voice matches its just a shame theyre scripted dialogue was aweful, as proven in the suppoko failage video

They are all awful.... o,o I prefer the subs. Unless I can name someone who's worthy of dubbing Zorori.
PencilTips
PencilTips
Comedian
Comedian

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! Empty Potential Zorori Voice Actor - Patrick Seitz

2011-08-21, 04:36
Patrick Seitz - Known to voice "Franky" from "One Piece" and "Ragna the Bloodedge" from "Blazblue." Pay attention to the voices while looking at the picture for a better effect.

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! S02-3310

This works well with the second phrase,"If the only way to be granted life..!!" I can see it in sync with his actions in this pic.

Some more clips of VA.

I can Imagine him shouting out his moveset! "Zororin Ball!!" "Bukkura Koita!!" Sorry for the bad quality, it's the only VA video i can find with screaming lol.

Zorori the Naughty Hero? Zorori finally dubbed in English! Zorori-276

Tell me what you think, start at 0:55

This voice actor has that heroic yelling voice that I think fits for Zorori, even though he's supposed to be an evil prankster. It just fits him.

DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-21, 13:26
PencilTips wrote:
DestroX71689 wrote:zorori sounds different too. i actually like the guy on the episode 4 and episode 8 english dubs better. he sounds just right for me because he seems to have just the right hammyness to his voice. zorori is in incredible hammy character so i think that if anybody did their job right and shouldn't be replaced its him. just wish i could find his name though. as for ishishi and noshishi i think the ones from the 4 and 8 videos were at least decent voice matches its just a shame theyre scripted dialogue was aweful, as proven in the suppoko failage video

They are all awful.... o,o I prefer the subs. Unless I can name someone who's worthy of dubbing Zorori.

it should definitely be somebody at least as hammy as that other guy. even japanese zorori sounds like he totally overacts and chews the scenery all the time
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-21, 16:17
Oh, I forgot!

The voice actors for the English version of the 2006 movie:

David Lee McKinney: Zorori, Tiger
Scott Evans: Ishishi, Demon School Teacher, Madi, Village Chief
Michael Pizzuto: Noshishi, Werewolf, Nyanga, Mokumokuren
Andrea Kwan: Tail, Azukitogi
Candice Moore: Gorgon, Karakasa

Last edited by cheril59 on 2011-12-04, 23:19; edited 1 time in total
PencilTips
PencilTips
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-21, 17:37
DestroX71689 wrote:
PencilTips wrote:

it should definitely be somebody at least as hammy as that other guy. even japanese zorori sounds like he totally overacts and chews the scenery all the time

What do you think of Patrick Seitz In my other comment?
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-21, 20:23
if he does i dont think it should be his franky voice. he should be all over the top about it cause quite fraqnkly (no pun intended) franky sounds too serious at least in the vids. not that im that huge into one piece i only saw like three episodes of the entire show cause they happened to be on toonami at the time
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-21, 20:25
PencilTips wrote:
DestroX71689 wrote:
PencilTips wrote:

What do you think of Patrick Seitz In my other comment?

you can watch all the subtitles you want. i can only take so much of japanese voices. and how can you tell how good their acting is in japanese? from what i've seen, ALL japanese dubs are over the top
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-24, 14:22
i just thought about this but zorori makes a cameo in the sgt frog super movie. if funimation gets licence to get it dubbed then theyll have to find a voice actor for zorori, ishishi, and noshishi. im confident in that they could pick a good match.
Twenty Ceiling Fans
Twenty Ceiling Fans
Comedian
Comedian
Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2022-08-02

2022-08-02, 12:46
Does anyone still have the English dubbed episodes, or the audio of the dubbed episodes backed up on their computer, phone, or tablet. I am trying to find these episodes so I can archive them in the Internet Archive, just like I did with Motto! Majime ni Fumajime Kaiketsu Zorori, and the Portugese dub of Kaiketsu Zorori,

The only surviving clips of the dub, are Suppoko failage, which is the Suppoko song from Episode 4, and a 1 minute clip of Episode 29 posted by Axelfar. I really want to know if Arcu-Fox, Axelfar, CyberPikachu, yellowfox or anyone else still has these episode files of episode 1, 2, 4, and 8 saved somewhere in their computer, phone, or tablet. I also want to know if Arcu-Fox, Axelfar, or yellowfox  still has some unreleased sound files, or unreleased English dubbed episodes backed up in their computer/phone/tablet files which weren’t posted to YouTube, or tune.pk. I also want to know if they have the full English dub of Episode 29, since we only got a minute of it.

If anyone has the dubbed episodes, please send me a download link in this thread, or in a private message, or send the file to me anyway you can, so I can download it, and put it in the Internet Archive link below,

Oh, and I would really like an explanation from Arcu-Fox, Axelfar, or yellowfox on how they got the English dubbed episodes or audio in the first place.

Internet Archive Link
            ⬇
https
://
archive.org/details/full-size-render_20220726

(Put the words above together and search it in the search bar)
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2022-08-02, 16:07
It's been way too long now for me to go looking for the dubs I made. Back in the day I was given several episodes of Zorori that were broadcast in the Philippines. The recordings were very low quality in both audio and video. I cleaned up the audio and then replaced the audio track with our high quality raws. It wasn't anything straight forward because the runtime and frame rate of the episodes were not the same so I spent an insane amount of time trying to keep the audio and video in sync. The English episodes were so bad that at the time we all agreed in the fansub to not continue on with posting dubbed episodes. I also have a couple dozen French dubs that were broadcast in France. Oddly they did a really good job of it in French than they did in English.

I do have the files you are looking for but I have no idea where they are, I do not have the time to go looking for them unfortunately, I barely have the time to finalize the new Motto! series and it would be unrealistic for me to go looking through my backups from a decade ago. It wouldn't even be worth the time, only a couple or so episodes were done and I just abandoned the effort. The person capping the episodes in English also abandoned their efforts as they didn't have the hardware needed to capture the TV episodes in high quality. I was the one responsible for making the english dubs in the first place and no one else was interested in having them because they were so bad, and I don't remember sharing the files with anyone as I only made two episodes plus the suppoko song.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum