Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Zorori-Project, really need a translator this time... Empty Zorori-Project, really need a translator this time...

2011-01-03, 14:59
Just going to condense this down as simply as I can.

Zorori-Project is in need of a new translator for Zorori and unfortunately I've had to let Axel go as our translator. I am thankful for the years he did help us complete Series 1 and Series 2 as well as the other projects we have done over the years including the movies.

Unfortunately things will be on hold until someone can offer their assistance in completing the final series or wishes to be the main translator for Zorori-Project. I've made this request a few times over the years and now we really do need someone to step forward.

I apologize that this course of action had to be taken but I need to close the current chapter of Zorori-Project and move the fansub in a different direction.

Thanks,
Acru
epling
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Zorori-Project, really need a translator this time... Empty Re: Zorori-Project, really need a translator this time...

2011-01-04, 19:15
Huh, hard to believe I'm the first person to respond.

Anyways, in all honesty, I would love to take the position. The only thing is, there are two problems with me doing so.

1.) I'm still in the midst of learning Japanese
and 2.) I'm a little too busy at the moment to take the position, even if I was at a high enough level to help out.

So sorry to be a disappointment. If the position is still open later on when I'm available, then I'd love to take it, however, I seriously hope that that isn't the case, and that you find someone soon.

Good luck Acru, I really hope to see this project finished up. Smile
Tbohn
Tbohn
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Zorori-Project, really need a translator this time... Empty Re: Zorori-Project, really need a translator this time...

2011-01-05, 08:51
I'm sure this will be a recurring theme, but I can't help out either. I too am working on my Japanese degree. Give me about two years, then we'll talk. Sorry!
epling
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-10

2011-01-05, 21:05
Tbohn wrote:I too am working on my Japanese degree. Give me about two years, then we'll talk. Sorry!

Actually, in all honesty, I'm not working on a degree, I'm just studying it on my own, and because of that, I'm working at my own pace.

It probably won't take me quite as long, I just need time to settle down and just dedicate myself to it.

And please don't think that just because I'm self teaching myself it means that I won't be able to contribute as high of a quality translation. If you do, then you underestimate the degree to which I'll work to learn it fluently. I mention this because I've learned that people tend to have lower expectations of people who study things on their own, so I just thought I'd put it out there.

Last edited by epling on 2011-01-06, 19:09; edited 2 times in total
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-01-06, 04:13
Tbohn wrote:I'm sure this will be a recurring theme, but I can't help out either. I too am working on my Japanese degree. Give me about two years, then we'll talk. Sorry!

I hope you remember this offer in 2 years :3

Would be nice to switch focus from insanely long shows to shorter series (like Okojo) or do some movies. I have a few I'd like to see done that are collecting dust in my desk.

-Acru
FoxKit
FoxKit
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-22
http://mfox87.deviantart.com/

2011-01-07, 07:16
Acru-Fox wrote:
Tbohn wrote:I'm sure this will be a recurring theme, but I can't help out either. I too am working on my Japanese degree. Give me about two years, then we'll talk. Sorry!

I hope you remember this offer in 2 years :3

Would be nice to switch focus from insanely long shows to shorter series (like Okojo) or do some movies. I have a few I'd like to see done that are collecting dust in my desk.

-Acru

I'm a second-year Japanese student at the moment, but I'm not very confident with the language spoken as fast as it is in the show just yet. I'm sort of in the same boat as Tbohn right now, though working on my Teaching degree in ESL with a minor in Japanese. x3 Just think Acru, two years and you'll be up to your furry ears in translators.

Also, I hope everything's okay with Axel. I know there was some stuff going on behind the scenes and I don't pretend to know what, (Nor do I want to know, get involved, or choose sides) but he was a decent chap and I miss him already. :<
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-01-07, 07:24
He is still around but a few things are being rearranged, but it doesn't negate the fact we still need more than one translator to rely on.

And no before everyone jumps for joy and says yaaay, no this doesn't solve all the problems. We need more than one main translator. The rest of the fansub is scalable but this is the bottleneck in one of the only furry fansubs out there.

I really hope in 2 years we do have more translators, sadly we need more now not later. I wish to wrap up Zorori in 2011 because frankly there are a lot of other movies and shorter series I'd like to but cannot because of all these limitations.
Foxer
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-02

2011-01-14, 11:12
I liked Oblivion Island alot when you released it, I am sure these movies and short series are just as awesome.
I hope you get a new translator soon, though it would be hard to keep up with what Axel used to be..
It may help your search if you mentioned that your in need of a translator in the comment section in TT.

Good luck.
Ronyle143
Ronyle143
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-07-18
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1000002355996

2011-01-15, 04:42
Acru-Fox wrote:this is the bottleneck
Acru is right, we do need more translators...
If something happens to Axel, like him being sick, all the activities will be put on hold.
If only we could... Never mind...
smallfish
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-08

2011-03-08, 00:34
I liked Oblivion Island alot when you released it, I am sure these movies and short series are just as awesome.
I hope you get a new translator soon, though it would be hard to keep up with what Axel used to be..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum