Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
diebuster
diebuster
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-10

Animal Treasure Island Empty Animal Treasure Island

2011-01-10, 03:31
Animal Treasure Island Film_main_19treasure-1

Extremely well animated and generally well made 1971 movie by Toei. The bored and adventure-craving young (human) protagonist Jim and his talking mouse sidekick Glan are visited by a peg-legged cat pirate who is being pursued by a group of cloaked pig assassins. The feline promptly has them hold on to a mysterious casket as he attempts to take on his many assailants. After trying to evade the conflict unharmed, our two heroes return to the inn only to find out that the pirate is nowhere to be found. They decide to open the casket, which contains a map to the treasure of the infamous pirate Captain Flint.

Despite the fact that he wasn't the director, the movie features a lot of work from Hayao Miyazaki; he animated a very lengthy action scene and is credited as the "idea man":

Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Animal Treasure Island Empty Re: Animal Treasure Island

2011-01-10, 03:59
looks like it's been remastered Smile
Tbohn
Tbohn
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-05

2011-04-01, 08:50
I would watch that in a second. Great find!
Swift
Swift
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-14
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/swift12

2011-06-14, 01:54
It's not an anime, but there is an actual furry Treasure Island cartoon series... it has a weird mystical undertone and some episodes really left me wondering as a kid what the heck was going on (I suspect the writers were smoking a lot of weed Razz ). It's hard to hunt down, only VHS rips exists.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum