Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solatorobo

+3
Wuff
LeMarck
Tori Ookami-chan
7 posters
Go down
Tori Ookami-chan
Tori Ookami-chan
Pun User
Pun User
Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-29
http://ariarinnin.deviantart.com/

Solatorobo Empty Solatorobo

2011-03-29, 15:47
I... don't know much about it. All I know it is a video game with an anime opening for some reason... It's a furry video game centered around cats and dogs. It's kind of mecha, and kind of fantasy. The song gets me going every time, it's so beautiful.

Solatorobo Full Opening

Shorter Opening 1

Shorter Opening 2

Thank the Demon Lord for YouTube! I fell in love with Solatorobo after searching up 'Furry Anime' on YouTube. Coincidentally, that same search also gave me Kaiketsu Zorori! ^.^

Unfortunately it's a game in Japan... Anyone have any idea if it will ever come to the US? Or turn into an anime? I would be its number 1 fan of all time!
LeMarck
LeMarck
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Solatorobo Empty Re: Solatorobo

2011-03-30, 11:25
looks like a very good game, I feel some envy the Japanese make very good furry games
Wuff
Wuff
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-08-17
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kerocola/

2011-03-30, 18:30
I wouldn't get my hopes up for this to see the light of day in English, but you never know.
However, there is someone who is working on a translation of the script: click here!
In the future, an English patch could be released by fan-translators. However, a script in text is a no-frills way of being able to play and understand a foreign game.
Swift
Swift
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-14
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/swift12

2011-06-14, 02:14
So is this a game, or an anime? Has a quite detailed animation for a game intro...
Thrifty Wolf
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-27

2011-06-14, 15:48
Definitely a game. its the follow up to Tail Concerto, its even got the same developers. Sadly it won't be coming out in North America but apparently Europe and the UK are getting a localized version. There's even a series of trailers for it

I downloaded and played the japanese version a bit, its pretty good, I just couldn't get too far in it due to all the anti-piracy measures on it, so now I plan on importing the UK version Very Happy
Tbohn
Tbohn
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-09-05

2011-06-18, 12:42
Thrifty Wolf wrote:I plan on importing the UK version Very Happy

That's definitely a good idea! There have been some very good games that make it to the U.K. and Australia, but don't reach a U.S. market. Let us all know what you think when you get it!
Wuff
Wuff
Royal Jester
Royal Jester

2011-06-20, 15:02
Well, that makes the blog I found obsolete. I may just have to get this now, too...

Oh, edit time:
US Release?
It says "TBA" for an English release, and also this topic sources another possible chance of a US release right here.
Swift
Swift
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-14
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/swift12

2011-06-21, 01:39
Well, it doesn't matter whether it's US or Japanese for me, as I just saw this is for nintendo DS only... I only use a PC for gaming. Oh well, let's hope someone rips the video animation from the game someday, that's what interests me anyway. The actual game animation is too "kiddy" anyway with the big heads and chibi-like looks.
TobiasAmaranth
Comedian
Comedian
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2011-06-23

2011-06-30, 02:49
It's now out in Europe. I played through the Japanese version already, but now I'll get to play it again and know what's going on. Razz I did have fun with it.
Thrifty Wolf
Pun User
Pun User

2011-06-30, 17:44
I actually cancelled my UK pre-order and pay off a pre-order for the US release september 28th. The game is really good, if you played Tail Concerto its along the same line in terms of gameplay. In Solatorobo you can leave you mech and walk around though you are limited in fire power if you do (you only have a stun club). Its a good mix of puzzle solving, platforming, and action, but you do also have missions you can do in order to get money, items, or equipment for your mech, and in japan they had additional downloadable quests. For now its just a matter of waiting until I can pick it up. Smile
Wuff
Wuff
Royal Jester
Royal Jester

2011-07-02, 10:46
I'm excited for this, I just checked to see about the US release date since it's out in Europe now, and sure enough they had one. From what everyone says, it sounds fun.
Thrifty Wolf
Pun User
Pun User

2011-09-29, 21:00
This game is definitely most awesome. In takes place in the same world as Tail Concerto and has some characters that makes an appearance in this games. In terms of gameplay you have a fairly open world (islands) to explore, each with its own locale, quest, and distinctive look.

Now I haven't got far into it but most of the combat is reminiscent of Mischief Makers and revolves around grabbing and throwing. You can customize your mech (the DAHAK) using various blocks that fit into a grid which you can open more spaces of as you collect p-crystals throughout the game. From what I understand you can also outfit your robot with a drill, or to fit 2 other models.

Overall I like it. the story is interesting, the graphics are good, gameplay is fairly simple and straightforward but, and you can tell there's been a lot of work put into it. It's also has tons of replay value via unlocking in game photos in the galleries and music tracks (like in Tail conerto) but also the quests which you can undertake to make more money or earn parts to outfit your DAHAK. I highly recommend this game to anyone looking for an original but fun, lighthearted game.
Wuff
Wuff
Royal Jester
Royal Jester

2011-09-30, 20:44
I visited my local game store in order to buy this game on release date and picked it up the other day when they finally had it in stock. My copy came with the OST, which is a nice little surprise since I wasn't anticipating it. The game itself boasts of an "amazing soundtrack"; I always treat self assessments a little skeptically, and at the very least hoped that this game would satiate my expectations and live up to these self-produced claims.

I finally got around to playing it, and I agree with the above poster. The game seems very easygoing (which I enjoy), and it certainly is vibrant and colorful. I love the character designs and the setting...and some of the animations are very refined and impressive.

I guess the only gripe I have with the game thus far is the plot. It's very elementary...in fact, the established plot so far is almost exactly identical to the "novels" I would write when I was younger. However, I find that the other endearing aspects of the game will make this part, at the very least, tolerable. I can't simply write off a plot so soon, though, so we'll see.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum