Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donation Thread

+11
Crowley
Claudius90
dominiquepucca
USB 3.0
arcc
David31
makochan
Ian_R_Soulfox
Axelfar
FoxKit
Acru-Fox
15 posters
Go down
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Donation Thread Empty Donation Thread

2009-02-25, 01:47
*UPDATE* All discs from Series 2 have been ordered and shipped!
To date we're up to 33 DVD's, Thank you so much ^_^

We have reached our goals for Series 2 & Series 3.

Total raised for Series 2 : $513.48 (Goal 1 Reached) Status: Arrived

Total raised for S3 DVD's : $510.20 (Goal 2 ???) Status: Arrived

We currently have all of Series 2 & 3, plans are in the works to raise funds to purchase the series 1 boxset.

Season 2
Donation Thread Biba-5901Donation Thread Biba-5902Donation Thread Biba-5903Donation Thread Biba-5904Donation Thread Biba-5905
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Donation Thread Biba-5906Donation Thread Biba-5907Donation Thread Biba-5908Donation Thread Biba-5909Donation Thread Biba-5910
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Donation Thread Biba-5911Donation Thread Biba-5912Donation Thread Biba-5913Donation Thread Biba-5914Donation Thread Biba-5915
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Donation Thread Biba-5916Donation Thread Biba-5917
Purchased
Purchased

Season 3
Donation Thread Biba-6701Donation Thread Biba-6702Donation Thread Biba-6703Donation Thread Biba-6704
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Donation Thread Biba-6705Donation Thread Biba-6706Donation Thread Biba-6707Donation Thread Biba-6708
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Donation Thread Biba-6709Donation Thread Biba-6710Donation Thread Biba-6711Donation Thread Biba-6712
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Donation Thread Biba-6713Donation Thread Biba-6714Donation Thread 61X0NME58-L_SL500_AA240_Donation Thread 61Ce60VmNLL_SL500_AA240_
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
Purchased
At exchange rate of 0.0102 USD per Yen. (June 10th, 2009)

Last edited by axelfar on 2009-07-16, 01:39; edited 24 times in total
FoxKit
FoxKit
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-22
http://mfox87.deviantart.com/

Donation Thread Empty Re: Donation Thread

2009-02-25, 05:19
I donated a dvd's worth this week, but that's all I can manage for now. (Heck, Killzone 2 comes out on Friday, and, well... n.n) My car's up in the shop as well, but I should be able to chip in more next week. G-good luck you guys, I've always been impressed at the quality you strive for, especially considering the other fan-made subs I've seen.

@DVD #2
Zorori + witches? Excellent! And... That looks an awful lot like Tiger in the back there... X3
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-03-26
http://axelfar.deviantart.com

2009-02-25, 06:38
Ah was wondering if that was ya! Very Happy Thanks! I can understand the finances thing myself, discovered a small hole in the foundation and water was slowly coming in on a heavy rain. This past week ended up with that small hole turning into a larger hole and a nice waterfall -_- Come spring I have to dig about 5-6 feet down and fix the foundation. Everything helps, and hopefully others will lend a hand and we can get this ball moving Very Happy

Ah the witch thing, they did that for almost 1/4 of Series 2, Series 2 has almost every single animal you could imagine, even a tanuki! haha! You should see the DVD originals, they are actually less in production quality than what Z-P puts out. The DVD's are heavily interlaced and it really shows on a computer, and removing all the interlacing is quite the task.

I'm really happy we have Yellowfox now to do Karaoke and really polish things up. I apologize if I seem to be hoarding the typesetting for myself, once I see a finished script I just feel like plowing through the script and getting it all timed and typeset within 24 hours so we can move onto the next. Trying to keep on a speedy release schedule so we can reach season 2 soon.

Sometimes things get really boring on my end of things and I can time/typeset something up in a couple of hours, I'd like to pick up Okojo as a series too but unfortunately everyone we do have is quite busy. Hopefully someday soon someone who is fluent in Japanese/English will join Z-P that can translate the episodes for me Smile
Ian_R_Soulfox
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-02

2009-02-25, 08:53
I tossed in what I could to help out. I always appreciated the hard work you guys put into subbing this show and I'd like to see it continue even further.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-02-25, 09:06
Thank you so much! It's really appreciated, I was starting to get down that at the pace I was going I was literally going to run out of dvds as soon as I hit 52.

I personally enjoy making/learning new things as I go along with the series ^_^

Axel is going to have to add more DVD labels at this pace! Very Happy
FoxKit
FoxKit
Royal Jester
Royal Jester
Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-05-22
http://mfox87.deviantart.com/

2009-02-26, 02:07
Golly! Not only did we raise money for new episodes faster than we could run out of old ones, but we raised it faster than Axel could find more cover art to post. X3

Thanks greatly to everyone who donated!
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-02-26, 07:25
Well we're already up past DVD 6, that's about 18 episodes, that's over 4 months worth of release episodes down the road and only two days have passed ^_^

Reworked it to show all the DVD labels (33 of em, yikes!) and the progress made overall.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2009-02-26, 17:18
I added a couple more dvd covers. the rest should be up by tonight.
makochan
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-30

2009-02-26, 22:35
Hi,

At the risk of sounding like one of those awful people begging for money during pledge week on PBS, I just want people to know that every little bit helps. Because we have to buy DVDs one at a time, even a few small donations bundled together will allow us to get new episodes of series 2. So even if you can only give a few dollars, it really can make a difference and would be greatly appreciated.

Mako
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-26

2009-02-27, 11:02
Hi there.

As I mentioned in my first thread. I know of a website called Yesasia.com that specalises in importing official Japanese Region 2 DVD's, with free international delivery. Though that means their prices are a bit higher than say on the CD Japan website, but only by a few dollars at most. You can also ask the site to show you their prices in US dollars on both sites.

I thought i'd mention it since Yesasia's free delivery option, might save on postage costs for the DVD's. Oh Yesasia accepts all major credit/debit cards and PayPal too Very Happy

Oh and when I have some spare cash, I'm hoping to donate some cash, enough for one volume to be brought at least.

That's why I asked where you brought your DVD's from, as maybe Yesasia might be a slightily cheaper alternative and I've used them before and they are a superb site!

I hope this helps. ^_^

David.

Last edited by David31 on 2009-02-27, 11:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Infomation!)
arcc
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-27

2009-02-27, 23:22
I would suggest checking out amazon.jp and look at the "Buy new and used" section. It looks like most retail for 3000yen, but can be bought for half that if you don't mind them used. Some are listed for way way less. I just don't know how much shipping would cost. I would suggest having it shipped to someone local over there to ship over here in a bundle.

direct linky
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-02-28, 01:12
We thought of that but we dont know anyone in Japan that would be willing to do that.
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-02-28, 07:22
I didn't think you could upload links on here, but now I know, here's a link to the Yesasia website. As well as the DVD's, they sell some of the Zorori manga too. ^_^ Just to remind you this is the site with the free international shipping option.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/search/zorori/0-0-0-bpt.48_q.Zorori-en/list.html

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=GC&restrict=ALL&strict=&word=Zorori

And above is the link to the CD Japan website, there DVD's are a little cheaper, but you need to pay for the disks to be posted. The prices are in Yen, but you can also switch the currency to US Dollars etc.

I hope these links would proof to be very usefull.
Smile

David.
USB 3.0
USB 3.0
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-05

2009-02-28, 10:12
ahem .. i feel sorry I can't help donating -at least not ATM- .. Donation Thread Smile01

But I thought I might give some help typesetting with Adobe After Effects ..

I know it will take quite ummm .. time to do it ..

But it will give the best results of typesetting for a 2nd version of any release ..

I'm always attendant for any PMs asking for any details ..

And btw .. if you are intending to pick a new project then it has to be あたしンち .. Donation Thread Smile06

It's simply .. one of the best family-friendly/chibi Animes ever!

P.S.
have you checked the best Japanese sharing program ever (aka Share EX 2)?
sometimes you can find original ISOs of Anime DVDs
PM for any details *again*
Donation Thread Smile15
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-03, 08:47
Actually yes I have, tried all of them :S Unfortunately too much time has passed and almost all of them did not have enough sources to finish. I remember trying well before I ever thought I'd actually help to subtitle Zorori back when the show was still broadcasting.

On a positive note though, we're almost at 50% funds raised for 1-17 Volumes of the second series of Zorori. Hopefully we'll have enough raised that I'll only have to make two orders from them (for each complete set) and order the first set in June. (hopefully I gave myself enough time to accomplish that)

I just wish these DVD's weren't so expensive, on amazon.jp they are even higher priced! Makes me which I could get in a time machine and go back to 2002 and teach myself Share a couple years earlier Smile

I do know that after series 1, the DVD's have a few more goodies on them. hehe
USB 3.0
USB 3.0
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-03-03, 09:29
Oh .. that is totally sad ..

Ummm .. but you didn't give me your opinion of Typesetting using AFX ..
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-03-03, 16:08
I'm guessing the prices between CD Japan and Yesasia aren't that cheaper then on Japan's Amazon site then?

David.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-03, 16:28
Yep you got it Smile
David31 wrote:I'm guessing the prices between CD Japan and Yesasia aren't that cheaper then on Japan's Amazon site then?

David.
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-03-04, 09:43
DARN THE YEN! Sorry but no wonder Anime is an expensive hobby and they say the UK is expensive. Well it is one of the most expensive countries to live in in Europe, but Japan really takes the cake, you try to buy a DVD and they want double the price. Mind you can you blame them as China isen't too far away and we all know what they are famous for. Wink

David.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-05, 08:46
Sadly from what I hear, the Chinese bootlegs are worse than TV quality Sad
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-03-05, 13:07
No that's OK, you don't have to be sorry.

But yes China should be nicknamed 'Bootlegs R Uz'. Laughing

David.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2009-03-07, 02:58
USB 3.0 wrote:Oh .. that is totally sad ..

Ummm .. but you didn't give me your opinion of Typesetting using AFX ..

Acru, I think you missed USB's post.

I think that might be possible, but it has to go through Acru first since he's the encoder.

Last edited by axelfar on 2009-03-07, 20:39; edited 1 time in total
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-03-07, 06:11
Sorry axelfar, I think he got a little caught up with other things, including my discussion to try and find cheaper websites that sell Zorori DVD's.
Embarassed

David.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-07, 06:37
Ya pretty much summed it up Smile

And actually I brought it up with YellowFox when we were working on the new ending karaoke for Zorori, and thought he was the one that mentioned it. Razz

I actually planned on re-releasing a final version of 1-52 after it's completed, I hadn't planned on doing it up in Adobe After Effects. I don't know what entails using AFX, I doubt I'd have the time to take on the additional task of redoing them without slowing down new releases of Zorori in the process. You'd have to come on board full time and rewrite them for AFX if that was the case.

There are a lot of unknowns too, I don't even know if you can simply rewrite subs in AAE and hand them off to me for encoding to avi, let alone how AFX would fit into the encoding process. The original zorori DVD's are very poorly encoded and if I had to plug the vobs directly into the program, would there even be any options to reprocess and deinterlace the video? Or does the program work in such a way that an exported subtitle file would be compatible with virtualdub?

In short, if AFX had an export option where I could then take that file and encode video, by all means I'm not against the idea, but if we did that, you would have to be the one responsible in creating them, which ultimately goes back to the question of wether or not you have the time to take on such a task. Smile
USB 3.0
USB 3.0
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-03-07, 10:21
it's okay, David31
it's all acru's fault .. JK Donation Thread Smile05

ummm ..
if you are still using virtualdub without any other tools -AviSynth ..etc- then i suggest that you go search for more up-to-date methods of encoding ..
as for using AFX ..
this will not involve dealing with subtitles or encoding the episode video ..
all what i will need is the Work RAW of an episode along with a txt file of the additions to the video (typesetting, credits, maybe some censorship ..etc) and their appearing times .. duuh .. and the fonts ..
then i will do it in AFX and will export a small-size video with the additions over a transperent background ..
then you can add this video to your encoding process with a simple AVS code like Signs Overlay or Insert Sign ..
and .. that's pretty much it ..
and -currently- it's the most professional way of Typesetting ..
so i will not deal with your subs or videos ..

using AVS is not a big deal ..
and if you still doesn't know how to use it then you should really start learning doing so ..
it has much more benfits than just adding vids with alpha channel to your releases ..
and if you want to make the original video look better, some AVS filters will come in handy ..

External links:

*Wikipedia Copy-Cat*

----edit----
as for causing slowdown, i believe i've already mentioned that AFX typesetting will be for a 2nd release ..
so no slowdown will ever occur -or so i hope-
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-03-07, 15:56
[quote="USB 3.0"]it's okay, David31

Laughing Thanks. ^_^

David.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-09, 05:44
I think I'll have to pass on this one, Z-P is only a niche anime group and I'm not aiming to go professional with the group.

USB 3.0 wrote:it's okay, David31

ummm ..
if you are still using virtualdub without any other tools -AviSynth ..etc- then i suggest that you go search for more up-to-date methods of encoding ..
as for using AFX ..
this will not involve dealing with subtitles or encoding the episode video ..
all what i will need is the Work RAW of an episode along with a txt file of the additions to the video (typesetting, credits, maybe some censorship ..etc) and their appearing times .. duuh .. and the fonts ..
then i will do it in AFX and will export a small-size video with the additions over a transperent background ..
then you can add this video to your encoding process with a simple AVS code like Signs Overlay or Insert Sign ..
and .. that's pretty much it ..
and -currently- it's the most professional way of Typesetting ..
so i will not deal with your subs or videos ..

using AVS is not a big deal ..
and if you still doesn't know how to use it then you should really start learning doing so ..
it has much more benfits than just adding vids with alpha channel to your releases ..
and if you want to make the original video look better, some AVS filters will come in handy ..

External links:

*Wikipedia Copy-Cat*

----edit----
as for causing slowdown, i believe i've already mentioned that AFX typesetting will be for a 2nd release ..
so no slowdown will ever occur -or so i hope-
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2009-03-13, 22:47
Since everyone else donated something, I managed to scrounge up some money for the cause. Looks like we got some more donations too. We're only 6 short of having season 2. Very Happy

You guys are the best! Thanks for donating ^_^
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-03-14, 03:02
Yep that includes your donation Smile And we're only about $7 away from being 5 discs....so here's hoping Smile
dominiquepucca
dominiquepucca
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius
Female Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2009-03-21
http://www.puccaclub.com

Donation Thread Empty Re:Zorori Season 2 Help

2009-03-24, 21:15
I God $400.00 I Buy This Zorori DVD!
I Can't Wait...
bounce

Last edited by dominiquepucca on 2009-03-26, 20:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Please Come In Chile!)
Claudius90
Pun User
Pun User
Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-29
http://claudiusmccloud.deviantart.com/

2009-03-30, 13:41
This anime is great, I will donate to you guys as soon as I've got my new Visa card : >. I appreciate all your works. Hope you guys keep it up till the end ^^.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2009-03-30, 23:17
That'll be great Very Happy

Thank you. Every donation helps.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

Donation Thread Empty Acru chips in too! ^_^

2009-04-04, 09:36
Scraped just enough money to donate enough towards getting two more DVD's from series 2, this means we're only four discs short now and I can put the order in for Series 2.

We're very close to reaching our goal for Series 2, so please donate if you can, it really does add up (that and now ya can't say Acru didn't donate too!) Very Happy

Thanks
-Acru
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-04-16, 07:46
And we reached our goal for Series 2 on April 15th, 2009. Throwing this thread into the final gear for Series 3, I have no real set date on ordering these right now, but I think having it open while we're working on Series 2 later in the summer would be a good idea.

Hopefully donations go as smoothly for Series 3. I know there are some extras on the series 2 onwards discs I'd like to share as soon as I get a chance. I'll post some photos once the shipment arrives Smile
Crowley
Crowley
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-12
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/zorori_group

2009-04-19, 02:14
I might not have read or misread something- is it possible to donate and receive a copy of an actual translated DVD, or are only Youtube videos/torrents available?
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-04-19, 04:07
As of right now until the series is finished, no. Series 1 I promised not to distribute anyways.

Kaiketsu_Spy wrote:I might not have read or misread something- is it possible to donate and receive a copy of an actual translated DVD, or are only Youtube videos/torrents available?
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-04-19, 04:13
Donation Thread Zorori10

Thanks to all your help in making this possible! We now have all of Series 2. As I mentioned, we're already 1/4 of the way into raising funds for Series 3.

-Acru
Crowley
Crowley
Joke Teller
Joke Teller
Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-04-12
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/zorori_group

2009-04-19, 20:44
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll see if I can donate anything anytime soon.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-04-22, 05:47
Thanks Smile
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-04-30, 04:56
Hey guys.

I just donated $30.42 USD to the Zorori fan subbing project, finally. Very Happy

David.
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-04-30, 08:49
Thanks! Now we're about 1/3 of the way there on Series 3 ^_^

As always, if anyone else can lend a hand through donations, please Smile We're getting there! Very Happy

-Updated all the info to reflect your donation David Very Happy
David31 wrote:Hey guys.

I just donated $30.42 USD to the Zorori fan subbing project, finally. Very Happy

David.
David31
Joke Teller
Joke Teller

2009-04-30, 16:09
Thanks. I was glad I could be of some help. ^_^

David.
dominiquepucca
dominiquepucca
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius

2009-05-08, 20:18
I So Happy To Donation With Season 3
I Miss With Nelly Milly And Nayo!
Crying or Very sad

I Donate $50.40 For My DVD!

Thanks To Some Help For Donate!

Laughing

Dominique.

Last edited by dominiquepucca on 2009-05-08, 20:20; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Subbing Up!)
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-05-09, 03:48
I didn't notice anything on my end, do you mean you donated or plan to?

Thanks
-Acru
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-05-24, 21:30
Whoever made the last donation, thank you so much! I'll update all the donation information stuff when paypal clears it. Working on lotsa Zorori right now (2 episodes)
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin

2009-06-12, 04:06
And we're done Smile
dominiquepucca
dominiquepucca
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius

2009-06-12, 08:10
Hurray!!!
Very Happy
lol!
Fox
Fox
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-09-12
http://starfox.forumotion.net

2010-09-15, 02:12
Damn, I can't imagine I would burn out my $500 if I ever going to buy one season by myself.
Ronyle143
Ronyle143
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-07-18
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1000002355996

2010-09-28, 03:39
wish I had like... 27,000 pesos
chenyixiu
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-18

2011-05-18, 23:38
I'm guessing the prices between CD Japan and Yesasia aren't that cheaper then on Japan's Amazon site then?

David.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum