Zorori-Project!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Zorori Episodes

+4
Acru-Fox
PencilTips
DigitalWolf
cheril59
8 posters
Go down
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-07-15

English Zorori Episodes Empty English Zorori Episodes

2011-08-06, 16:18
Hi, there! Before Axelfar's YouTube account got suspended, he uploaded the English dubbed Zorori episodes 4 and 8 on YouTube, then he got suspended from YouTube because of Viacom. USKZ92 has reuploaded them to YouTube but in a different quality and only the first two parts of the episodes. On AcruFoxie's YouTube channel, all he has is the opening song from the English version of episode 4, and the first part of episode 2. It would be much better if he put them up on MegaUpload, as well as other English dubbed Zorori episodes he didn't upload yet. Oh, and the English dubbed version of the Zorori movie would be good too, because it's on YouTube but in low camcorder quality by DinosaurKingXXX. That would be good, right? I'm a big fan of English-dubbed anime.
DigitalWolf
Pun User
Pun User
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-10

English Zorori Episodes Empty Re: English Zorori Episodes

2011-08-10, 11:31
Ditto! I'd like to watch this series in English as well after learning it exist. Very Happy Please upload them!
PencilTips
PencilTips
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-08-07
http://penciltips.deviantart.com/

2011-08-10, 12:03
I'd rather actually see a fan dub of the series more that the original english dub.

But that's your choice if you want to do it or not.
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-10, 12:21
PencilTips wrote:I'd rather actually see a fan dub of the series more that the original english dub.

But that's your choice if you want to do it or not.

Original English dub! Which aired on Cartoon Network in the Philippines. Also, there's an English-dubbing difference between the first series and the movie. In the movie, the voices are different from the first series.

Here are some links to prove it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stp4k1n_qZ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxXgO_rK33A
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-03-22

2011-08-10, 13:16
And there is a good reason we didn't post anymore of those dubbed episodes, and we shall never speak of them again *lol*
PencilTips
PencilTips
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-10, 13:34
Ugh... They both sound...

ew...

Zorori sounds drunk in the first part of the movie.. lol
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-10, 13:35
Acru-Fox wrote:And there is a good reason we didn't post anymore of those dubbed episodes, and we shall never speak of them again *lol*

I understand, Acru-Foxie. I always thought the English-dubbed episodes were pretty awesome! That's why I'm a big fan of all things Cartoon Network from all over the world.

Why, didn't you hear those puns from the movie?

"Got ahead of the head, and now it's time to head off!" - Zorori, making fun of the boulder head in the other head. Zorori 2006 Movie.
Or this one: "Thank you for 'Tail'-ing us that information."

And I heard from the ending segment of Episode 4. "Don't mess with a squid, or it'll be steamed!"
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-08-10, 13:39
The dub is just so horribly done, once you hear Arthurs voice you just wanna run away screaming.

I know a lot of male voices are voiced by women but Arthur's voice was done so poorly that his voice just sounds like a woman doing a dopey voice. The dub does a horrible injustice to the show and is more than likely why nobody else has picked it up.

When you run out of things to say...._make it up as you go along_

Acru
PencilTips
PencilTips
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-10, 14:02
I remember trying to make my own lyrics out of that part of the episode. It goes like this...

“Suppoko Peppko PokoPokoPii”

Suppoko Peppoko Pokopokopii!
Suppoko Peppoko Pokopokopii!!

I am known as the incredible Zorori!
(Suppoko Peppoko Pokopokopii!)
I am off on a journey to practice my great pranks!
That’s right! We are the twins, Ishishi and Noshishi!
We will follow Zorori-Sensei, be it fire or water or the strongest storm!

Suppoko Peppoko Pokopokopii! Right!
Suppoko Peppoko Pokopokopii!! Oh Yeah!
Suppoko Peppoko Pokopokopii!!!
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-10, 14:06
Acru-Fox wrote:The dub is just so horribly done, once you hear Arthurs voice you just wanna run away screaming.

I know a lot of male voices are voiced by women but Arthur's voice was done so poorly that his voice just sounds like a woman doing a dopey voice. The dub does a horrible injustice to the show and is more than likely why nobody else has picked it up.

When you run out of things to say...._make it up as you go along_

Acru

I don't mind. Besides, when I heard Elzie's voice, it kinda sounded like Lola from Robotboy with a British accent. Her voice actor was probable Laurence Bouvard. And Noshishi sounded like he was voiced by Lorraine Pilkington, who voiced Tommy, also on Robotboy.

EDIT: Oh, yeah! There are a few names changed for the dub, such as Daigatsupa is changed to "Capper" or somethin' like that.
Kaito
Kaito
Prankster Genius
Prankster Genius
Male Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-03-29
https://www.youtube.com/user/juliohv90

2011-08-10, 22:10
The point is that most Zorori fans don't like the english dub.
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian
Male Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-08-12

2011-08-12, 02:42
Judging from the English dubs of episode 4 and 8 and the 10 minute segment from the movie I've seen on Youtube, I don't think its that bad of a dub really. It's pretty corny I'll admit and they could have picked better VO's but this satisfies me for 2 reasons. 1. I don't have to waste my time reading the bottom of the screen and can actually WATCH the show for once. 2. I think for some reason the English dub ironically works because from what I've seen so far, the show itself is supposed to BE rediculous. I'm probably gonna be mostly alone in this but I'm one of those people who prefer to watch shows in my own language. This wouldn't be so long and frustrating of a comment if the show was more available in English.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-08-12, 02:49
Yes but in it's current dub it is just that, horrible. With close to 150 episodes, NOBODY is going to pick up a show when it's terribly dubbed to begin with and whatever networks that pick it up being stuck with either showing it to a small audience or canning it.

I used to prefer English only dubs but over the years I learned and got used to subtitles and ended up learning some Japanese along the way.

I've seen the show in Spanish as well as French, they put a lot more effort into those dubs, so I shouldn't expect anything less than that in English.

Which is probably why the show in it's dubbed form isn't being picked up, there is just a quality that is completely and utterly lost when they dubbed it into English. I would hate to see the hell/mama story arc dubbed with those voices and trying to pull off some semblance of emotion without coming off as dopey in the process.

And anyway it's good it hasn't been picked up, we will finish before it ever gets licensed over here and the project will be completed without having to be dropped.

Acru
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-12, 03:27
I see what you mean. You guys as huge real fans of the show see it as a huge slap in the face to have sub par English dubs. Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely not agains the subs being done here I think they're great. This is more-so a personal lash out being that most of what I like happens to be in another language be it Japanese or some other. I've been watching the subbed lately because of how limited the English dub is anyway and have gotten used to it. I think it would be awesome if a bunch of real talented Zorori fans with sound editing equipment got together and did a better dub.
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2011-08-12, 03:46
Thought of doing that at one point but fansubbing pretty much took up what free time I had, lol.
PencilTips
PencilTips
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-12, 11:56
I would like to do an attempt of Voice Acting Someone, but I don't have any good quality equipment.. ^^;
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-13, 09:58
Acru-Fox wrote:Yes but in it's current dub it is just that, horrible. With close to 150 episodes, NOBODY is going to pick up a show when it's terribly dubbed to begin with and whatever networks that pick it up being stuck with either showing it to a small audience or canning it.

I used to prefer English only dubs but over the years I learned and got used to subtitles and ended up learning some Japanese along the way.

I've seen the show in Spanish as well as French, they put a lot more effort into those dubs, so I shouldn't expect anything less than that in English.

Which is probably why the show in it's dubbed form isn't being picked up, there is just a quality that is completely and utterly lost when they dubbed it into English. I would hate to see the hell/mama story arc dubbed with those voices and trying to pull off some semblance of emotion without coming off as dopey in the process.

And anyway it's good it hasn't been picked up, we will finish before it ever gets licensed over here and the project will be completed without having to be dropped.

Acru

Who knows, man? Maybe Zorori probably got licensed by Cartoon Network alone for an English dub. Maybe this link will prove it: http://www.studycove.co.uk/node/2864
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-14, 15:13
i was watching the english episodes and it totally seems like an abridged series lol
Axelfar
Axelfar
Admin
Admin
Male Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-03-26
http://axelfar.deviantart.com

2011-08-14, 21:58
My old youtube account got deleted for having three strikes against it, the first two for putting up episodes of One Piece that was from years ago. I did upload a small 30 second clip of Gaon talking in English before I got banned, but I'm not sure how many people got to see it.
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-15, 00:30
Axelfar wrote:My old youtube account got deleted for having three strikes against it, the first two for putting up episodes of One Piece that was from years ago. I did upload a small 30 second clip of Gaon talking in English before I got banned, but I'm not sure how many people got to see it.

Have you considered making a new YouTube account? You should maybe reupload the English Zorori episodes if you made a new account.
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-15, 14:59
i dont know ive managed to never get reported or flagged by anyone, and heres the trick. all you gotta do is list the respected current owners of the show "this is copyright blah blah blah it the description" nobody flags you. I stick up all sorts of rare music up there all the time. It's probably because its mostly bsides remixes and rarities but i found that listing them in the description saves the effort. heres what you do. look up all the current owners, put copyright and paste there name in there. save it as a note, whenever you upload a video, just copy paste in there and yure good to go
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-15, 15:23
DestroX71689 wrote:i dont know ive managed to never get reported or flagged by anyone, and heres the trick. all you gotta do is list the respected current owners of the show "this is copyright blah blah blah it the description" nobody flags you. I stick up all sorts of rare music up there all the time. It's probably because its mostly bsides remixes and rarities but i found that listing them in the description saves the effort. heres what you do. look up all the current owners, put copyright and paste there name in there. save it as a note, whenever you upload a video, just copy paste in there and yure good to go

Axelfar got suspended from YouTube, I was asking him if he could make a new account.
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-08-24, 23:20
Axelfar wrote:My old youtube account got deleted for having three strikes against it, the first two for putting up episodes of One Piece that was from years ago. I did upload a small 30 second clip of Gaon talking in English before I got banned, but I'm not sure how many people got to see it.

where did you actaully find the english zorori in the first place
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-10-02, 10:02
CyberPikachu used his cell phone video camera to record the dubbed version of the premiere episode of Zorori. The title of the episode for the dub is called "Dragging Away the Dragon." You would've heard what Elzie's king father sounded like.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KKAV9BI0
DestroX71689
DestroX71689
Comedian
Comedian

2011-10-02, 12:58
man i cant wait for them to release this on dvd or stick it up on netflix or something caquse i mean no offence but god the portuguese are not good at dumping decent quality versions of this show onto the internet... camera recordings, and now cell phone recordings... doesnt anybody in portugal have tivo and can burn me a dvd or something?... thanks to Cyber at least for the video of something rare for me... at least i got to see more english zorori... sort of lol Razz
cheril59
Comedian
Comedian

2011-12-13, 18:46
Axelfar, I never got to see it! I wanted to hear the English dubbed voice of Gaon! That clip (youtube.com/watch?v=H2Q09MunrPM) was actually about one minute, not 30 seconds. Wouldn't anybody upload that clip or if you have it, the full episode to MegaUpload?
Twenty Ceiling Fans
Twenty Ceiling Fans
Comedian
Comedian
Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2022-08-02

2022-08-02, 12:42
Does anyone still have the English dubbed episodes, or the audio of the dubbed episodes backed up on their computer, phone, or tablet. I am trying to find these episodes so I can archive them in the Internet Archive, just like I did with Motto! Majime ni Fumajime Kaiketsu Zorori, and the Portugese dub of Kaiketsu Zorori,

The only surviving clips of the dub, are Suppoko failage, which is the Suppoko song from Episode 4, and a 1 minute clip of Episode 29 posted by Axelfar. I really want to know if Arcu-Fox, Axelfar, CyberPikachu, yellowfox or anyone else still has these episode files of episode 1, 2, 4, and 8 saved somewhere in their computer, phone, or tablet. I also want to know if Arcu-Fox, Axelfar, or yellowfox  still has some unreleased sound files, or unreleased English dubbed episodes backed up in their computer/phone/tablet files which weren’t posted to YouTube, or tune.pk. I also want to know if they have the full English dub of Episode 29, since we only got a minute of it.

If anyone has the dubbed episodes, please send me a download link in this thread, or in a private message, or send the file to me anyway you can, so I can download it, and put it in the Internet Archive link below,

Oh, and I would really like an explanation from Arcu-Fox, Axelfar, or yellowfox on how they got the English dubbed episodes or audio in the first place.

Internet Archive Link
            ⬇
https://archive.org/details/full-size-render_20220726

Last edited by Twenty Ceiling Fans on 2024-03-18, 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2022-08-02, 16:05
It's been way too long now for me to go looking for the dubs I made. Back in the day I was given several episodes of Zorori that were broadcast in the Philippines. The recordings were very low quality in both audio and video. I cleaned up the audio and then replaced the audio track with our high quality raws. It wasn't anything straight forward because the runtime and frame rate of the episodes were not the same so I spent an insane amount of time trying to keep the audio and video in sync. The English episodes were so bad that at the time we all agreed in the fansub to not continue on with posting dubbed episodes. I also have a couple dozen French dubs that were broadcast in France. Oddly they did a really good job of it in French than they did in English.

I do have the files you are looking for but I have no idea where they are, I do not have the time to go looking for them unfortunately, I barely have the time to finalize the new Motto! series and it would be unrealistic for me to go looking through my backups from a decade ago. It wouldn't even be worth the time, only a couple or so episodes were done and I just abandoned the effort. The person capping the episodes in English also abandoned their efforts as they didn't have the hardware needed to capture the TV episodes in high quality. I was the one responsible for making the english dubs in the first place and no one else was interested in having them because they were so bad, and I don't remember sharing the files with anyone as I only made two episodes plus the suppoko song.

-Acru
Twenty Ceiling Fans
Twenty Ceiling Fans
Comedian
Comedian
Other / Decline to state Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2022-08-02

2022-08-02, 18:14
So, anyway a quick question. You said that you did not have the time to go look for the files. When do you think you might be able to have the time to start looking for the files.I’m willing to be patient, I can wait for a long time, Hell, I’ll even wait until Motto! Majime ni Fumajime Kaiketsu Zorori is over, for you to start looking for the files. I just don’t want the files to be lost forever once you eventually die.

And, honestly, to me, I don’t really care if the dub is bad or not, I don’t care if only a few episodes were done, all I care about, is that those episodes/files are archived, I want other Kaiketsu Zorori fans like neonpawp to see it without the fear of the video being taken down, I want Kaiketsu Zorori fans to be able to download the files. I want other Kaiketsu Zorori fans to see how bad or good the English Dub was. All I want is for those taken down lost videos, to at least get found again, so they could be exposed to a new generation of Kaiketsu Zorori fans.

Anyway thanks for the information Acru, and I hope that you’ll reply back  Very Happy

-RainyDolphin738
Acru-Fox
Acru-Fox
Admin
Admin

2022-08-02, 18:29
I unfortunately will have to decline looking for them. I will never have the time to look.

I was asked to come back home last summer and within 2 weeks of getting back my father unexpectedly died. A month after that my mother ended up in a mental institution, and my sister cut all contact with me. So I'm living in the family home which is in very poor condition and I am fixing it up all day long 7 days a week since July 2021. I'm not even halfway through fixing the house and once I am I have to relocate my mother closer to me. I also have to go back to the US and get back to my life. I barely have time to even finalize each new Motto! episode. Heck I don't even have anyone here that could look for me.

You could offer me a million dollars and I would unfortunately still have to say no, I simply do not have the time to just stop everything I'm doing and go through several thousands of DVD backups just so one person out there on the internet can have all the English dub material I have. I just can't accommodate.

If I can't even give out date for new episodes that are translated, how would I have the ability to tell you when I will be free. Maybe in 5-10 years I can take a look. Heck the backup discs I have here are starting to go back and I barely have the time to get the data off the discs and back onto a hard drive. I haven't even found the time or money to find a better DVD ripper to pull the data off discs that are hard to read.

Heck I haven't even had the time to have a funeral for my father let alone have my mom home from the hospital so she is home at a time we can choose a funeral date.

Sorry
~Acru
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum